Oracle Park receives LEED® Platinum Certification for 2019
Share This Article
Oracle Park, home of the San Francisco Giants since 2000, received LEED Platinum Certification from the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC). The LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) for EBOM (Existing Buildings, Operations and Maintenance) rating system is the foremost program for buildings, homes and communities that are designed, constructed, maintained and operated for improved environmental and human health performance.
Able Services takes operations seriously offering premier outsourced sustainable maintenance services for USA based facilities. Jeff Corvi, Regional Vice President of Able Services, brought over 20 years of operations expertise to the account and working together with the ballpark operations team, specifically Denise LaCentra, the collaboration delivered results – LEED Platinum. “With hundreds of events every year, the ballpark is a fixture of life in San Francisco, fans from all over attend events and expect a world-class stadium,” says Jeff. “It has been a pleasure to work on behalf of a forward thinking organization who’s devoted to the ultimate fan experience while pursuing the highest attainment of environmental sustainability.”
Programs and measures implemented at Oracle Park to earn LEED Platinum Certification:
- Investing energy credits – Oracle Park is offsetting 50 percent of its energy use;
- Implementing an ongoing commissioning plan that ensures continued operational efficiency;
- Demonstrating a more than 75 percent reduction in conventional commuting trips for employees;
- Instituting water efficient landscaping – resulting in a more than 50 percent reduction in water usage from improved irrigation technology systems;
- Improving water efficiency in domestic water fixtures which include toilets and urinals;
- Diverting more than 94 percent of waste from landfill through an aggressive recycling and composting program; and
- Installing LED Field Lights for over 55 percent energy reduction in field lighting.
Working together to provide valuAble work-life experiences, Able Services is USA’s largest family-owned and privately held provider of facility solutions for more than one billion sq. ft. of real estate.
Since 1926 we’ve delivered ‘Service at Work.’
Follow us on LinkedIn.
Share This Article