Response to COVID-19
While COVID-19 appeared with little notice, the threat of an emergency is something Able Services never stops anticipating. Our team has the right people in place and is prepared to act accordingly. Working together, we’d like to share some steps we’re taking to keep our employees and our clients safe.
At Able, we advocate for our employees’ health and safety, through consistent training and education, meetings, communications and encouraging involvement in the development and implementation of our health and safety program. With safety being a core cultural value of Able Services, we consider the safety of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve to be the most important result we can achieve. The role we play in keeping people safe through the services we provide is always highlighted in situations like the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Relevant information regarding recommended products and protocols from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the World Health Organization (WHO) can be found on the following websites:
How to protect yourself?
The best way to prevent infection is to avoid being exposed to this virus. There are simple everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses. These include the following, but be certain to visit the CDC website for more information https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/prevention.html
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
If you are sick, to keep from spreading respiratory illness to others, you should:
Visit the CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/steps-when-sick.html
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Able Services is working together with clients to provide supplemental cleaning procedures. If you are interested in increasing the frequency of cleaning, disinfecting surfaces, deploying specialized sanitization services or have questions about your current service level, please contact your local Able Services representative to learn more or fill out the form to the right.
- BOMA International Resources
- CORENET Global Resources
- IFMA Corona Virus Preparedness Resource Center
- APPA Resources and Guidelines
- Guidance for Building Operations During to COVID-19 Pandemic by Lawrence J. Schoen, P.E., Fellow/Life Member ASHRAE
- 5 Ways to Optimize Buildings for COVID-19 Prevention by Center for Active Design