Zero Waste Sustainability Services
Zero Waste Sustainability Services
As the sustainability landscape continues to evolve, our service offering matures to match the needs of our clients and the marketplace. Able Services proactively seeks out the latest evolutions in the industry and strongly believes the Zero Waste movement further refines the sustainability objective.
“Zero waste is sending nothing to the landfill. Literally Zero. This goal of zero is near impossible at the moment because we have yet to evolve into a circular economy so as defined by the USZWBC, Zero Waste is the diversion of 90% of trash from the landfill.” ZWIA.org
“Zero Waste is sending nothing to landfill or incineration.” http://sfenvironment.org
“Zero Waste is a goal that is ethical, economical, efficient and visionary, to guide people in changing their lifestyles and practices to emulate sustainable natural cycles, where all discarded materials are designed to become resources for others to use. Zero Waste means designing and managing products and processes to systematically avoid and eliminate the volume and toxicity of waste and materials, conserve and recover all resources, and not burn or bury them. Implementing Zero Waste will eliminate all discharges to land, water or air that are a threat to planetary, human, animal or plant health.”
Able Services has invested in thorough training programs surrounding waste reduction and diversion which can provide top expertise to initiate and guide recycling and composting programs.
Able will provide support and help to build infrastructure for facilities to encourage proper recycling and composting efforts that will help guide sustainability programs in office buildings, universities and industrial facilities. Our goal is to monitor disposal on the back end, assuring that streams are clean and destined for the correct disposal facility, all while providing empirical evidence and data that will support education and engagement with customers.
Proper recycling and composting programs operate with strong hauler relationships, high consumer engagement, educated custodial staff, and robust marketing. Able Services will provide the tools and expertise necessary for a successful single stream recycling program, composting program and ultimate zero waste goals.
- Baseline Waste Audit and Data Collection: Determine current recycling rates and contamination.
- Set Goals: Determine the local compliance diversion rates, internal sustainability goals, and create a roadmap to achieve the goals.
- Education: Assist sustainability managers and green teams in outreach events and education surrounding waste reduction and single stream recycling. Waste competitions, education, and sustainability teaching sessions.
- Training: Training all janitorial staff on program goals and changes, and ensure that recycling is ending up in the correct bin for ultimate disposal. Able will make sure all signage is up to date and in the appropriate place for encouraged disposal.
- Sorting: Assist in sorting any contamination found in single stream recycling or composting containers before it is taken by the hauler.
- Special events: Able can assist in special collection events for batteries, e-waste, polystyrene or any other hard to recycle materials.
- Review Data Continuously: Using Goby’s software, SeaSuite, we automatically track all your diversion information from every hauler.
- Infrastructure: Ensure proper infrastructure is in place to keep contamination levels low and participation high. Right sizing of receptacles, continuous improvement of service, and analysis of data to justify changes.